United Way 2-1-1
- provides free and confidential information and referral. Call 2-1-1 for help with food, housing, employment, health care, counseling and more.
Department of Community Affairs
- The Georgia DCA partners with local communities across the state to provide a variety of programs and assistance that benefit and help secure the success of the community.
Emergency Preparedness and Recovery Resources
Fair Housing Resources
COMPASS (Common Point of Access to Social Services)
- One stop shop to apply for food stamps, WIC, Medicaid, TANF (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families), and more.
Social Security Online
- Individuals can; apply for benefits, verify qualification to receive benefits, estimate future benefits, update your personal contact information, get a replacement card, request proof of income letter. Businesses can; report wages, verify Social Security numbers, submit records.
Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
- TANF cash assistance is a program providing temporary financial assistance to needy families. Eligibility for TANF cash assistance is determined by evaluating specific nonfinancial and financial criteria established by federal and state regulations.
Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities (DBHDD)
- provides treatment and support services to people with mental illnesses and addictive diseases
Division of Family and Children Services (DFCS)
- part of DHS that investigates child abuse; finds foster homes for abused and neglected children; helps low income, out-of-work parents get back on their feet; assists with childcare costs for low income parents who are working or in job training; and provides numerous support services and innovative programs to help troubled families
- provides free, unbiased and factual information and assistance to Medicare and Medicaid beneficiaries and their caregivers about Medicare, Medicaid and related health insurance issues including Long-Term Care insurance, prescription drug assistance programs and Medicare fraud, error and abuse.
Georgia Council on Aging
- Advocate with and on behalf of aging Georgians and their families
Area Agency on Aging
- Information & assistance, referral to community services/ resources, and consumer eligibility screening
Elder Care Link
- senior resources from a network of eldercare providers.
- social insurance program administered by the United States government, providing health insurance coverage to people who are aged 65 and over, or who meet other special criteria.
United States Department of Veterans Affairs
- administers a variety of benefits and services that provide financial and other forms of assistance to Veterans, their dependents, and their survivors
Hire A Hero
- helps veterans find jobs
- Multiple programs providing assistance to veterans, active military personnel, and their families.
Heroes to Hometowns
- provides an array of services to injured service members returning home.
Domestic Violence Shelters
GeorgiaHousingSearch.org Frequently Asked Questions